Pilates is extremely popular worldwide and has been for many years. Joseph Pilates developed his method in the 1920s and, over the years as we have learned more about the body, the Pilates method has developed to be one of the most effective exercises for encouraging good posture, core strength, muscular strength and flexibility.
Just some of the benefits of Pilates:
- Improved balance and body awareness
Lengthens and strengthens your muscles
- Reduces back and hip pain
- Tones your body
- Want to be leaner? Pilates can help!
“The best thing about Pilates for me is that it truly is for everyone, there will be a level for you in all my classes that will be achievable.”
I am trained in both mat based and equipment based Pilates. Sometimes it’ll just be you and a mat, other times you may have a small ball or a resistance band if you choose to use them. If not, no problem! I always encourage my participants to choose the level they wish to work at.
“I have attended Vicky’s Pilates classes for over a year and found them very helpful to maintain flexibility and core strength regardless of shape size or body condition. She is an excellent teacher and takes the classes in a good friendly and environment. I would recommend anybody to try it.”
“Just wanted to say thank you for today’s class. I certainly feel I’ve worked myself today. As always you talk us through each movement and make it feel achievable and enjoyable. I’ve certainly noticed an improvement in my sore shoulder since starting Pilates with your class.”
“Going to Pilates with Vicky is better than having a back massage and therapy! I feel so relaxed yet I work so hard. Fantastic instructor!”
Pilates class timetable
- Classes at York RI (Holgate) and St. Aidans (Acomb) are drop-in and cost £5.oo – no need to book!
- Classes at Energise Leisure Centre must be booked in advance (on 01904 403900) and cost £6.35
- No need to bring anything apart from yourself and perhaps some water – all equipment is provided
- All classes are an hour long