Pre and Post-Natal Exercise
If this is you, congratulations and well done for thinking about your fitness at this time!
There is a common misconception that exercising might be harmful for you and your baby, but this is not the case if it’s done safely, which it will be in my sessions. In fact, continuing with exercise is a fantastic way of helping you get back to your old self as well as possible. Pilates particularly is a great exercise for pregnant women and those who have had the all clear by the doctor to return to exercise.
Here are some benefits of exercising whilst pregnant:
- Helps to reduce back pain, constipation and swelling
- May help to prevent gestational diabetes
- Increases energy and improves your mood
- Helps you sleep better
- Promotes muscle strength and tone
“At 23 weeks pregnant I took part in my first Pilates class in years. Was made to feel so comfortable and advice was given to me throughout the class. It was great to feel like I was working out in such a relaxed environment! Will definitely be going back!”
“Vicky is an extremely professional and knowledgable instructor. This class is well structured and has a relaxing yet focussed environment. Vicky provides you with different levels that you can work at depending on your ability and it’s a really great, strengthening workout. Would highly recommend!”
I’m qualified in pre and post natal exercise, specialising in Pilates, so you can come along to any of my Pilates classes and I’ll tailor the moves just for you. Alternatively, I also offer one-to-one or small group sessions – please get in touch if you’d like to discuss.
Pilates class timetable
- Classes at York RI (Holgate) and St. Aidans (Acomb) are drop-in and cost £5.oo – no need to book!
- Classes at Energise Leisure Centre must be booked in advance (on 01904 403900) and cost £6.35
- No need to bring anything apart from yourself and perhaps some water – all equipment is provided
- All classes are an hour long
Get in touch
If you have any questions about my pre or post-natal classes, please do not hesitate to call me on 07960 242224 or send me an email using the form below. I will be happy to answer any questions that you have.